- Venue: AZTI – Derio (Bizkaia, Spain)
- Date: 3 – 5 October 2017
- Organizer: AZTI
- Language: English
- Programme and more information HERE
- Go to registration form HERE
FLBEIA is a multi-stock and multi-fleet simulation model that describes a fishery system under a Management Strategy Evaluation (MSE) approach. The model is designed with the aim to facilitate the bio-economic evaluation of management strategies.
The general objective of the course is to train researchers of fisheries management in the use of FLBEIA library. The course will introduce the structure of FLBEIA and familiarize users with the available procedures and methods. The course will be mostly practical with thematic lectures (smart conditioning, management measures, multi-stock and multi-fleet simulations, Shiny app, …) followed by some time for practice. These sessions will equip participants with the knowledge, skills, and quantitative tools to undertake MSEs on their own fisheries systems. In the last day, there will be time to assist the participants in the development of their own case studies.
Dorleta García, Agurtzane Urtizberea, Sonia Sánchez and Marga Andrés.
The course is designed for a maximum of 20 participants.
The working language is English.
Participants are expected to be familiar with fisheries models, and fluent in the R statistical language.
Participants are required to bring their own laptops (Windows, Linux).
3rd October 2017 (Theory and a little practice):
- Introduction to MSE
- Brief introduction to FLR
- Description of FLBEIA
- The graphical interface (Shiny)
- FLBEIA conditioning
4th October (Practice):
- First steps in FLBEIA: simple example.
- Operating models.
- Observation models, the link between the operating model and the management procedure.
- Assessment models within the management procedure.
- Management measures within the management procedure.
5th October (Practice):
- Data poor operating model.
- Multistock and multifleet operating model.
- Develop your own case study.
Coffee and lunch will be provided in the meeting venue and the fee of the course will be used to cover these costs.
*Admission will follow strict order of registration.
*Accommodation and transport details will be provide